Raising Raiders is incredibly proud to say that we have exceeded our goal in supporting MARSOC families for 2017! With the generous support of our sponsors and donors, we have been able to bestow $15,238 in support to MARSOC families this year.
The Always Beside You Grant
ALL GRANTS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS
Grant applications are reviewed ONCE a month. ALL information and documentation to process application must be submitted with the application. Submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beneficiary has a direct familial relationship to a MARSOC Marine/Sailor. A familial relationship is a civilly recognized spouse (by marriage) or biological child or stepchild who resides at least 50% of the time with the service member and is listed on the service member’s page 2.
- If awarded the grant will provide either full or partial funds (as indicated) for the amount of the program or activity or item. Should additional costs become apparent, post the award of the initial grant, these costs are the responsibility of the grant recipient, or their legal guardian. Grants are not available for reimbursement for past activities. Check will only be issued to one provider for the activity or item chosen. Choose wisely, once a check has been issued to the provider, the activity can not be changed.
- Definition of MARSOC Marine/Sailor/Soldier (sponsor to the family member requesting grant) must be one of the following: Active duty Marine, Sailor or Soldier serving permanent assigned duty to Marine Special Operations Command, A reservist Marine, Sailor or Soldier with active duty status, serving permanent A-assigned duty to Marine Special Operations Command, Medically separated from the military having served with Marine Special Operations Command as their permanent assigned Duty station for at least one full calendar year, Honorably discharged from the military having served with Marine Special Operations Command for at least 3 calendar years.
- This does not include Independent Augment (IA) personnel or individuals assigned to MARSOC only for SOTF (Special Operations Task Force).
If you applying in regards to financial assistance with a MARSOC sports team, please provide options for where Raising Raiders can place their logo on your jerseys, banners or promotional items.
- INDIVIDUAL ONLY: Essay of no more than 1,000 words and no less than 200 words indicating why this grant would benefit, enhance, support, empower, advance success or any other benefit to the applicant(s), and if the participant(s) will be able to complete the activity if only a partial award is given. (For example, if the candidate requests $500 and $250 can be provided, will this candidate be able to proceed with their chosen course of action?)
- INDIVIDUAL ONLY: Verification you are related to a MARSOC Marine or Sailor. (Letter from Command, Letter from FRO, Orders to MARSOC)
- MARSOC AFFILIATED ONLY: If you are requesting for a MARSOC sports team please attach game schedule
*If applying for an INDIVIDUAL please complete Section 1 ONLY **If applying for a MARSOC AFFILIATED group please complete Section 2 ONLY