Raising Raiders is incredibly proud to say that we have exceeded our goal in supporting MARSOC families for 2016!! With the generous support of our sponsors and donors, we have been able to bestow $44,119.04 in support to MARSOC families this year alone. We want to take this moment to celebrate being able to give so much back to Raider families.. THIS is why we exist!
ALL GRANTS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS
Grant applications are reviewed ONCE a month
ALL information and documentation to process application must be submitted with the application
Submit to – email@example.com
Grants are awarded based upon the decision of the Raising Raiders Board of Directors. Essays, letters, and any other supporting documentation of a non-confidential nature will be viewed by the whole board. Upon review, the Raising Raiders Board will render their decision within 4 weeks of receiving the application.
Once the decision-making process is complete there will be no further review, appeal, or change in regard to the award recipient. The decision of the Raising Raiders Board is final and cannot be amended.
Upon the final decision, the Treasurer of Raising Raiders will contact the grant applicant via telephone followed by an email. Grants will be paid out within 48 business hours.
Raising Raiders reserves the right confidentiality regarding the criteria met by the winning grant candidate. Any further information regarding the decision making process (other than what has been disclosed in this application) is at the sole discretion of Raising Raiders and will not be made public. Should you have any questions as to the information required please submit that question via written request to the Board of Directors, of Raising Raiders.
If you receive funding through Raising Raiders Always Beside You Grant we ask that you please provide a written testament as to how this has helped empower you, your family or your sports team. We also ask that if possible please provide pictures along with your written testament. This statement can also be anonymous if you wish.
Additionally please keep in mind while applying a ‘pay it forward’ attitude and plan to become a donor when financially able or plan to volunteer your time at Raising Raiders Events and help promote Raising Raiders through social media by ‘liking’, and ‘sharing’. Raising Raiders is run SOLELY by volunteers, all funds raised are for the families of MARSOC, no Board Members or Executive Personnel may seek assistance or apply for grants from Raising Raiders. Your help is imperative in maintaining support for the families of MARSOC.
Raising Raiders also asks that you visit http://greatnonprofits.org to rate Raising Raiders. Providing feedback helps Raising Raiders show potential sponsors how important their donation is to the Raising Raiders Charity and the impact we are having on the MARSOC community.
Once you submit this application you will be emailed for further information and final steps of applications.
Please read each of the following eligibility requirements:
- Beneficiary has a direct familial relationship to a MARSOC Marine/Sailor. A familial relationship is a civilly recognized spouse (by marriage) or biological child or stepchild who resides at least 50% of the time with the service member and is listed on the service member’s page 2.
- If awarded the grant will provide either full or partial funds (as indicated) for the amount of the program or activity or item. Should additional costs become apparent, post the award of the initial grant, these costs are the responsibility of the grant recipient, or their legal guardian. Grants are not available for reimbursement for past activities. Check will only be issued to one provider for the activity or item chosen. Choose wisely, once a check has been issued to the provider, the activity can not be changed.
- Definition of MARSOC Marine/Sailor/Soldier (sponsor to the family member requesting grant) must be one of the following
- Active duty Marine, Sailor or Soldier serving permanent assigned duty to Marine Special Operations Command.
- A reservist Marine, Sailor or Soldier with active duty status, serving permanent A-assigned duty to Marine Special Operations Command.
- Medically separated from the military having served with Marine Special Operations Command as their permanent assigned Duty station for at least one full calendar year.
- Honorably discharged from the military having served with Marine Special Operations Command for at least 3 calendar years.
This does not include Independent Augment (IA) personnel or individuals assigned to MARSOC only for SOTF (Special Operations Task Force)
- If you applying in regards to financial assistance with a MARSOC sports team, please provide options for where Raising Raiders can place their logo on your jerseys, banners or promotional items
- INDIVIDUAL ONLY: Essay of no more than 1,000 words and no less than 200 words indicating why this grant would benefit, enhance, support, empower, advance success or any other benefit to the applicant(s), and if the participant(s) will be able to complete the activity if only a partial award is given. (For example, if the candidate requests $500 and $250 can be provided, will this candidate be able to proceed with their chosen course of action?)
- INDIVIDUAL ONLY: Verification you are related to a MARSOC Marine or Sailor. (Letter from Command, Letter from FRO, Orders to MARSOC)
- MARSOC AFFILIATED ONLY: If you are requesting for a MARSOC sports team please attach game schedule
*If applying for an INDIVIDUAL please complete Section 1 ONLY
**If applying for a MARSOC AFFILIATED group please complete Section 2 ONLY